Attorney Rusty Bianca did not follow the typical path into the practice of law. Learn about his background and how it continues to inspire him to work hard for injured and Deaf clients. He is proud to protect the rights of those who are unable to stand up for themselves.
Rusty came from a blue-collar family. His mother was a social worker and his father worked construction. He graduated from LSU in 1988 and then took several years away from school to gain life experience and worked in the legal field as a Certified Legal Investigator.
He returned to school to obtain his law degree from the Southern University Law Center where he graduated in 2000 magna cum laude and was student chapter president of the Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association (currently known as the Louisiana Association for Justice). Rusty was also among the top students in his class who were inducted into Alpha Sigma Nu honorary fraternity as well as the Golden Key Honor Society.
From 1984 until 2004 Rusty proudly served our country in the Louisiana National Guard as an Infantry officer and in the U.S. Army Reserves as a Transportation and Logistics officer. He retired from the U.S. Army Reserves with twenty years of service after achieving the rank of Major. While serving as a commissioned officer in the Army, Rusty gained valuable leadership experience that has contributed to the sucess he enjoys today.
Legal Association Memberships
- Member American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Member of the Board of Governors for Louisiana Association for Justice (formerly Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association)
- Previously served as the section chair for the Workers' Compensation Section of the Louisiana Association for Justice
- Member Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Member Louisiana State Bar Association
Admitted to Practice in:
- All Louisiana state and local jurisdictions
- U.S.District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S.District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S.District Court Western District of Louisiana